• The 9th International ACM Conf. on Management of Digital EcoSystems (MEDES'17) From 7-10 November 2017, Bangkok - Thailand

• Paper Submission Deadline: May 20th, 2017 ____________________________________________ 7-10 November 2017, Bangkok - Thailand

• Several Special Tracks/Workshops are organized _______________________________________ 7-10 November 2017, Bangkok - Thailand

• Several interesting topics are addressed (Big data, web, intelligence, security) _______________ 7-10 November 2017, Bangkok - Thailand

• Several keynotes will be provided during the conference __________________________________ 7-10 November 2017, Bangkok - Thailand

The MEDES 2017 Mentoring support is intended to help young researchers and PhD students working on MEDES foundations, techniques, tools and applications related to management and computations in Digital Ecosystems and provide them with an opportunity to prepare and incubate a research paper (to be submitted to MEDES’17 Peer Review) in a supportive mentoring environment, as well as to experience a mentoring process with experts and senior researchers and practitioners.

The goals of the Mentoring program are :

• To provide fruitful feedback and advice to the PhD students and Young Researchers on their research project and research paper incubation.
  • To provide the opportunity to exchange with mentor experts from different backgrounds working on topics related to MEDES field.
  • To interact and stimulate an exchange of ideas and suggestions among mentor program participants.
  • To provide the opportunity to discuss concerns about research, supervision, and other related issues

To be eligible for MEDES 2017 mentoring, the candidate must be either a doctoral student or a young researcher within a recognized university or research Institute.

MEDES 2017 seeks contributions in the following areas :

1. Digital Ecosystem Infrastructure
2. Green computing
3. Computational and Collective Intelligence
4. Services
5. Trust, Security & Privacy
6. Data & Knowledge Management
7. Internet of Things and Intelligent Web
8. Human-Computer Interaction
9. Networks and Protocols
10. Open Source

Why to submit to the MEDES 2017 Mentoring program ?

The MEDES 2017 mentoring involves prominent professors in the field of Digital Ecosystems who will actively participate as mentors to each PhD student or young researchers preparing a paper as part of the MEDES 2017 mentoring program.

Authors of accepted doctoral papers after MEDES Peer Review process will benefit from a reduced registration fee, which will enable them also to attend the main MEDES conference, and all associated social events.

Also, participating to MEDES 2017 might allow you

(in case of acceptance of your paper under the MEDES Peer Review Process)

to candidate for a future MEDES mentoring Award

Participation to the Mentoring process 

Two members of the MEDES mentoring committee will mentor each participant.  The advise will focus on the following criteria: relevance, originality, significance, technical soundness, accuracy, and clarity. 

Paper submissions to the MEDES peer review process will be done electronically in PDF format by the stated deadline via the EasyChair conference system

Submission guidelines

The paper must:

• Clearly formulate the research question,
  • Identify a significant problem in the field of research,
  • Outline the current status of the problem domain and related solutions
  • Present clearly any preliminary ideas, the proposed approach and the results achieved so far,
  • Describe the research methodology that is applied or planned,
  • Outline the contributions of the applicant’s work to the problem domain and highlight their uniqueness
  • Conform to the ACM format.
  • Contain less than 4000  words (approx. 8 pages )

Important Dates

• Mentoring Period:  15 February 2017 to 15 May 2017

Interesting Links